The School day:
8.45 am School doors open and early morning work begins
8.55am Register is taken
9.00am Lesson 1 – usually Guided Reading or Phonics
9.30am Lesson 2 – usually Maths/English
10.30am Morning break time
10.45am Lesson 3 – usually English/Maths
11.45am Lesson 4 –usually Spelling, grammar and punctuation,
arithmetic or singing assembly
1.15pm Lesson 5 – Topic, Science, Music, Art/DT, Computing or
2.15pm Lesson 6 - Topic, Science, Music, Art/DT, Computing or
3.15pm End of school day
The school week equates to 32.5 hours/week. Our compulsory school times are 8:45am to 3:15pm.
We expect that all pupils will attend wearing the school uniform and that all items of uniform will be marked clearly with the child's name. Items of school uniform may be purchased from ‘The Print Lab’ on Rabans Lane. We also have a second hand uniform shop in school. At several points in the year we also give away items of uniform. Please contact the school if you need support in getting a uniform for your child.
The following uniform is expected:
- Grey skirt or pinafore/grey trousers/shorts
- White shirt (stiff collar shirt or blouse. Blouses must be of a suitable design to wear with a school tie).
- Purple clip-on tie
- School or purple sweat shirt or cardigan
- Smart black shoes
In the summer term children may wear:
- White logo polo shirt or plain white polo shirt (no tie required)
- Purple/white summer dress
- Grey shorts/culottes
On PE days children will be expected to attend school in their PE Uniform as follows:
- Purple polo shirt with school logo
- Black shorts/netball skirt
- Trainers for outdoor use
- Purple PE jumper
- Track suit bottoms for colder weather. We do not specify any colour
It is expected that all children with hair beyond shoulder length should have it tied back at all times. Pupils should not wear nail polish or any excessive hair accessories. Pupils are allowed to wear one stud earring in each ear but this must be removable (by the child) for PE.
It is expected that all pupils will have the following items in school everyday:
- A water bottle
- A pencil case with stationery items such as pen, pencil, ruler, glue stick, rubber, sharpener.
- A coat