Welcome to the 'Pupil Parliament' page
Our Pupil Parliament will be made up of one member from each class within our school alongside our Head Boy and Girl and their four Vices. We will have a total of 23 members of the Pupil Parliament.
In September class representatives will make a speech to their class and were voted by their peers.
Head Boy/Girl and their Vices had to write a letter to Mrs Greco to explain why they would be amazing for the role. Senior Leadership looked through all of the applications and made the important decision.
Our Pupil Parliament members are:
- Head boy - Orson
- Head girl - Enya
- Deputies - Orlaith, Aimee, Felix and James
- Year 3 -
- Year 4 -
- Year 5 -
- Year 6 -
Our main focus last year was to:
- Fundraise for the school and both local and national charities. Pupil Parliament members had to research local and national charities that are important to them and their families and report back during our meetings. We then decided which charities we wanted to support.
- Improve parking outside of the school by encouraging pupils to walk to school where they can or park further away and walk a proportion of the journey.
- Support the school to improve teaching and learning even further by completing learning walks in to different lessons with members of the SLT. Feedback is then provided to teachers from members of the Pupil Parliament.
During our meetings we also provide feedback from our class on different aspects of the school.
Friday 27th September - Macmillan Coffee Morning - Children were invited to bring in cakes for year group cake sales. We also invited Y3 parents and Grandparents from the school and local area to our Macmillan Cake morning. We raised £840.
Friday 15th November - Children in Need -The children came in wearing pyjamas and took part in a Pudsey hunt, we raised £563.
School Development Plan
Here at Bedgrove Junior School, hearing what children have to say about our school is important to us. So important in fact, that in the summer term the Pupil Parliament helped the Senior Leadership Team and the governors with aspects of the school development plan.
During meetings, MPPs gave their opinions about the 4 key areas of the school development plan (Leadership & Management, Teaching & Learning, Behaviour & Welfare and Outcomes for Pupils).
We had to discuss and consider the following questions:
- What is unique about Bedgrove Junior School?
- What are the strengths of leadership?
- What are the strengths of teaching and learning?
- What are the strengths of behaviour?
- How well do you achieve? How do you know?
- What improvements could we make to the school?
Mrs Greco was really impressed with the depth and understanding of the MPP's responses and incorporated their ideas into the main School Development Plan.